So, it’s not something to rush over to your nearest bar for, but with so much ‘hacktivity’ these days, it’s a day worth observing. Our entire lives are consumed by working and playing on multiple devices such as smartphones, tablets and computers. This has made communication and even gaming a whole lot easier and better. However, with advancements in technology, the dark under belly of technology has grown and progressed just as much, if not further.
International Computer Security Day has been observed since 1988 on 30 November. Concerns of privacy and security have become an increasingly prevalent issue with hackers becoming smarter. A prime example of this is the infamous leaks of private and personal files of so many A-list Hollywood celebrities in the past. These are all examples of how anyone could be targeted and that’s why International Computer Security Day was created.
How to Celebrate Computer Security Day
The best way to celebrate this day would be to focus on safe guarding your computer and other devices that contain sensitive information. Here are the 5 best ways to increase your computer security:
- Regularly update and strengthen your online passwords. If you aren’t good at remembering new passwords, there are a lots of password managers you can download and use. These will generate strong passwords for you and safely store them for you to refer back to.
- Create stronger not simpler passwords. One strategy to do this is to mix upper and lowercase letters with symbols and numbers. The longer the password, the stronger it becomes.
- Don’t use the same password over and over. Using one password for all your different accounts and logins gives hackers easy access to all of them. Use a password manager to generate individual passwords for different accounts.
- Update all your spyware and anti–virus software. Use up to date security software to run thorough scans on your devices. This includes devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Back up your files. Should you happen to lose your files through an external source getting a hold of them, be sure to have a back-up of them. This can either be done on an external hard drive or a cloud storage option.
Play at the Safest and Most Secure Online Casino
Golden Riviera Casino has for a long time been the safest online casino to play at in Canada. Our banking options promise and ensure that players have peace of mind over every transaction. Whether you are depositing or withdrawing, your money is always safe. Not only do we promise safety, but also anonymity for players who do not want a trail of their online gambling. We do this by using a secure 128 BIT SSL digital encryption software to lock down all information at our online casino. To find out more about us, read here.