Casino games are very popular among gamblers in Canada. The slot machine provides players with hours of entertainment and great instant rewards. Slot machines are informally known as fruit machines or one-armed bandits. The original format of online slots Canada real money came in a 3-reel design. Players would spin these machines by pulling the lever located on the side of the slot machine. However, online slot sites have evolved into something that is easily accessible. Online pokies (slots) bring the casinos of Monaco right to your living room.
Top Online Slots Casinos
150 Free Spins
100 Free Spins
120 Free Spins
100 Free Spins
100 Free Spins
100 Free Spins
100 Free Spins
50 Free Spins
100 Free Spins
Free Spins or Credits
Types of Online Slots Real Money
Playing online slots can be a very exciting experience at any casino. There are different slot machine games to choose from. The best online slots include;
Free 3-Reel Online Slots CA
3-Reel online slots are the most classic form of slot machines. These slots are also known as; old school slots, fruit slot machines or one-armed bandits. These types of slot machine games contain three reels and a handful of icons. Online three-reel slots offer players more variety with lower wagering requirements. Read more.
5-Reel Slot Machines with Free Bonus Games
5-Reel online slots are more complex than the old-fashioned pokies with three-reels. These slots feature many pay lines ranging all the way up to 1024 ways to win. These real money slots feature massive jackpots that could potentially change your life. Five-reel slots offer great bonuses such as free spins, bonus rounds, rolling reels, and more. Read more.
Progressive Jackpot Slot Machine Tips
The best progressive slots are machines which do not feature a fixed jackpot. These jackpots increase gradually each time a player wagers on them. These jackpots have the potential to reach millions of Canadian dollars. These slots feature big jackpots with high-definition graphics. Read more.
Slot machine history in Canada
The first ever slot machine that gave way to the game we love today was developed between 1887 and 1895. Charles Fey designed this slot machine in San Francisco. This slot contained three reels and five symbols. The symbols included; Horseshoes, Diamonds, Spades, Heart, and a Liberty Bell. This gave the slot machine its name, the Liberty Bell, which was an instant hit.
Slot Machines in Mainstream
The way slot machines caught on, it was not long before investors saw this as a business opportunity. With so many operators entering the market, it increased the competition. Each provider would always try to outdo the other in every way possible. Slots were often played by casual gamblers, while high rollers enjoyed table games. By the 1940’s, slot machines became so advanced that they generated the higher revenues than any other casino game. From here on the possibilities were endless.
In 1963, the first electromechanical slot machine was invented by Bally Manufacturing. This machine was called the Money Honey. It was the first machine to payout jackpots automatically. It was also the start of slot machines featuring noises and lights.
From here, it took over a decade to see the next major upgrade in slot machines. These machines allowed players to use bills instead of coins. They were also the first to introduce bonus features. These machines were the foundation for the slots that we love and enjoy today.
Introduction of Online Slots
In the 1990’s the biggest modern breakthrough happened with the first online casinos. Real money online slots feature bigger bonuses and more winning opportunities. This evolution took the casino industry by storm as the popularity of slots all over Canada boomed.
Modern Online Slots
Today, players can even enjoy slots on the go. Mobile gaming offers players the reality to spin the reels of their best online slots instantly. So, wherever you find yourself; stay entertained with hundreds of different slot machines. Mobile slots are compatible with any iPhone, iPad, Android, or Windows devices!
Slot Machine Secrets
All casino games come with a set of secrets and rules. They are there to guide players on how to play the game. It also provides secrets to walking away with mega jackpots. Playing online slots are no exception.
The sirens, flashing lights and potential million-dollar jackpots made slots the most popular casino game. Different types of slot machines also offer different bonuses.
How to Play Slots
- Make a real money deposit into you online casino account.
- Place wagers on any real money slot.
- Select the number of pay lines to wager on.
- Press the spin button.
- Paying combinations will pay out before players can spin again.
To be eligible for the maximum jackpot payout, players need to place the highest bet amount. This is the best slot secret when playing a progressive jackpot slot game online.
With real money online slots bonus symbols, you can trigger bonus features. These bonus features may come in a variety forms. This includes;
- Wild symbols
- Sticky and expanding wilds
- Scatter symbols
- Free spins
- Rolling Reels
The wild and scatter symbols are usually your special icons which trigger bonuses. While the expanding and sticky wilds will increase your winning potential. When bonus games activate players are taken to a second screen where they will play out the feature. Once the bonus feature is complete, players will return to the base game.
Best Online Slot Machine Odds
The odds of winning with real money online slots are far better today than before. Some advancements in technology led to this innovation. For starters, there is a random number generator (RNG) placed on all slot machines. This RNG continuously produces random numbers which relate to the icons on the reels. This ensures that each spin is completely random and fair. The addition of bonus features also plays favour into the pockets of the players. This is because they offer even more ways of winning. However, calculating the odds of winning is not all that easy. There are still certain factors which may be against the player.
Slot Machine Game Buttons
There are different slot machines available at top casinos online. Despite these various types, the slot machine game layout and buttons remains the same.
- + and –: This button will be selected when placing wagers. This will either increase (+) or decrease (-) the total amount wagered per spin.
- Auto Start/ Auto Stop: Spins the reels automatically for a specified amount of times. Players will also select the same button when they wish to stop the auto spin.
- Bet Max: Automatically selects the maximum amount of coins and paylines available for the slot game.
- Bet Per Line: Pressing this button will increase the payline wager by one coin.
- Lines: Increases the number of paylines to wager on.
- Gamble: A bonus feature that will allow players to either double or quadruple their winnings.
- Spin/ Stop: This button will either start (Spin) or stop (Stop) spinning the reels. When the reels stop, it will display the game’s result. If there be a paying spin, players will receive the respective payout before they can spin again.
Slot Machine Glossary
- All Ways: The different ways a player can win with. This term relates to slot machines without fixed paylines.
- Bet: The amount of money or coins a player wagers on a slot machine.
- Coins: The currency used by players to bet on slots.
- Coins per line: A number of coins players wager on a particular payline.
- Coins per spin: The amount of coins a player chooses to wager per spin.
- Fixed Value: These types of slot machines offer players a fixed wager.
- Fruit Machines: A term used to describe slot machines that use fruit as symbols on the reels.
- Hit: This is when a player spins the reels in hopes of landing a winning combination.
- Hold: This is an action a player can take whereby they hold one reel and re-spin the other two or four reels.
- Jackpot: The largest amount of money a player can win in a slot game for landing a specific combination.
- Multiplier: A bonus feature rewarded to players in certain online slots. This will multiply the payout by a specified amount.
- Nudge: A bonus feature allowing players to nudge a reel in a particular direction. This will leave room for anther symbol to fall onto the reels.
- One-Arm Bandit: A term used to describe a traditional slot machine.
- Payline: A payline is the line made up of a winning combination of symbols that entitle the player to a payout.
- Reels: The barrels on a slot machine that spin. Each reel contains icons which payout when they form a specific combination.
- Symbol: A term used to describe the picture that appears on the reels.
- Wager: This is another term used to describe bet. It is the amount of money a player places on a slot machine per spin.
Slot Machine FAQs
• The number of reels (three or five)
• The number of paylines (there may be up to 1024 ways to win)
• The coin size
• The pay table (to know what combinations will payout)
CA Online Slot Machine Playing Tips
Play for Fun. Never go into a gambling game with the expectation of winning. Casinos always has a calculated edge over players. So, you should always aim to have fun more than anything else.
Budget. Set yourself a budget. This should be an amount of money you are willing to lose. You should never wager money that is needed for other monthly expenses. This may include rent, food, or anything else you may need to pay.
Understand the slot machine. When trying a new slot machine, play for fun until you are familiar with the gameplay. It is also useful to try out different free online slots until you find a genre you like.
Take Breaks. It is never a good idea to play slot machines or any other casino game for prolonged periods of time. You should always take breaks to regain your focus and concentration. You should also never play when you are feeling tired.
Free Play. If you are looking to try a new online slot game, always try it out on free play mode first. This gives you the chance to get familiar with the game and the bonus features before trying it out for real money.
Save. Once you have hit a big real money jackpot, do not withdraw the full jackpot amount. Keep a portion of the winnings in your bankroll to avoid making a deposit shortly after your victory. However, only do this once you are happy with what you have.